Have you seen anyone post what number they are on LinkedIn? Here is how you find out.
- Log into LinkedIn
- Go to your profile
- As you hover your mouse pointer over the word “profile” (in the LinkedIn tool bar across the top of the page) you will see 2 options, “Edit Profile” and “View profile.”
- Click on view profile.
- Now look in the URL address field on your browser. You will see a number like, 5,238,918 imbedded int the address.
- That is your LinkedIn number. It was automatically assigned to you when you set up your LinkedIn account.
Now that you know your LinkedIn number, so what? Who cares? I’m sure you care but most other people probably don’t find it interesting.
- Make sure your profile is complete and then some.
- Post Daily or weekly depending on your purpose.
- Add a power point or key note presentation of something interesting to the Slide Share App
- Consider connecting your LinkedIn account to other online tools such as Twitter, Foursquare, Your Blog, and post a link on your website.
- Participate in Groups: what I mean is to get into the conversation, post questions and comments and be relevant and interesting with your content.
Once you set up a Social Media tool such as LinkedIn, the next task is to make it work for you. I hope these tips help you reach your communication goals.