- September 6, 2013
- July 13, 2012
If you have ever wondered what is like to work at Google, here is a video they released to give you an idea. Even though it was made in 2006, it’s still thought provoking.
- August 30, 2011
Tags : AriaDallas social Media speaker J.R. AtkinsGoogle Pros and consGoogle TrendsGoogle+J.R. AtkinsJ.R. Atkins blogSomething Different CompaniesSomething Different Companies BlogWill Google+ Make It?
In late June of 2011, Google launched its third attempt at a social media site, Google+, and since then, people have been asking, will Google+ make it? Here is the take on Google+ by Dallas Social Media speaker, J.R. Atkins.
1. Yes. Why?
- The 3rd time is a charm, after Google Buzz & Google Wave
- The market is ready for a Facebook competitor
- Google will integrate with Google Docs, Calendar, Reader, Gmail
- Google will somehow make it better on their ndroid operating system.
2. What’s it mean to me and my business?
- In addition to The Big 5 (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Blog & Video) you will now need to learn Google+.
- In time, Google+ will add “pages” or business Profiles. For now, they are asking you not to create a personal account for your brand and have removed some well known brands.
3. When can I get started?
- As soon as Google+ starts accepting new accounts again. When it started on June 28, Google+ accepted new accounts from you if you got an invitation from the beta group, mainly the Tech and Social Media community.
4. Could Google+ fail?
- Yes, unless they start accepting requests from people for new accounts. I have met several people who are so frustrated that they cannot get a Google+ account that when Google+ does open again, they don’t want an account, it’s called “backlash.”
5. Pros & Cons of Google+:
- Check out the article: Pros& Cons of Google+, By Denise Houseberg & J.R. Atkins
6. For a Google+ cheat sheet:
What do you think? Is your business looking at Google+? I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Future Events of Interest:
09-01-11 DFW-AMA Meet-n-Greet
09-14-11 Webinar: Making Social Media Work for Your Business
09-16-11 The Speaker Co-op DFW Monthly Meetup
- August 25, 2011
- It’s clean, it’s easy and it’s uncluttered.
- The sleek and simple user interface makes it easy to customize
- Circles are cool and allows easy drag and drop users into groups
- Huddle lets you group text with an entire Circle or just a few
- Hangouts let’s you create a 10-person video chat
- Auto uploads of photos and videos captured from your mobile app
- Quick share box lets you share info or a link with your chosen Circles
- No more stinking Farmville requests!
- Integrates well with Google phone
- It’s not Facebook … it’s from Google
- No big value over Facebook
- The benefit of Circles is not enough to use it in addition or away from Facebook etc.
- I don’t use Gmail or Google docs enough to make it worth using Google +
- What? This is Google but there’s no search?
- Google is everywhere. Jeesh! Do I want to use Google for my social media too?
- Does not integrate with Google Apps
- Too much noise; all new posts are pushed to the top publishing all feeds all the time
- I’m anti Android and Google
- I don’t like to change
- I’m use to what I already have
Denise Houseberg has helped small companies expand and become more profitable for the past 25 years. Denise now uses her flair for trying new ideas, and her experience in helping small business clients stretch their boundaries and grow in profitability.
J.R. Atkins is an author, Speaker and Consultant on Social Media and Mobile Apps. J.R. is noted for “taking the mystery out of Social Media” and speaking in terms that “even a CEO can understand.”
- August 17, 2011
As I am reading “Content Rules” by Ann Handley & C.C. Chapman, I found the following content worth sharing. (Paraphrased)
- Attract Customers
- Educate your buyers
- Overcome resistance
- Establish credibility
- Tell your story
- Build Buzz
- Build community
- Inspire impulse buying”
Not bad for writing a few post on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or your blog.
© Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved