Because if a picture is worth 1000 words, a video is worth 100,000 or 1,000,000 words. It’s the next best thing to being there. If you are fond of saying “when people meet with me they buy” or when someone understands what we do, they buy, or give, or join us … then video communication is for you.
The least expensive and quickest way to share video is to shoot and post from your smart phone. You can do this by using your phone’s camera and mobile apps to share such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus and others.
You can also use specialized apps such as Vine, Social Cam, Tout, DigiSocial, and Viddy to capture and post short video segments. Yet, the stalwarts of video sharing are YouTube, Vimeo, your website, and your blog.
Short videos, about 60 seconds, generate interest and are easy to share if they are entertaining, informative or news worthy. Long videos, about 2 minutes to 20 minutes, are great for “how to” help. This is how my son and I learned how to change the oil on his motorcycle.
To get the word out, I recommend companies use email and social media to provide a link back to their video content. It also helps to explain the video in the email or social media post so the person gets the message even if they do not watch your video.
Good luck using video. I look forward to hearing how you are using video to generate results.
Events Worth Considering
- 5/05/13 MHA Celebrates the Arts
- 5/03/13 Emeritus Plus 50 Kickoff
- 5/05/13 Perspectives Pulse
- 5/06/13 Cronyism Corrupted Free Markets
- 5/07/13 Magazine Media, Beyond the Pages
- 5/08/13 Execs Guide to Culture as an Advantage
- 5/09/13 Social Media: What’s Working, What’s New
- 5/11/13 One Day College
- 5/12/13 Perspectives Pulse
- 5/14/13 Cocktails with the Fed
- 5/15/13 Twitter & Pinterest, Something Old & New
- 5/16/13 Ad Federation Happy Hour
- 5/19/13 Perspectives Pulse
- 5/20/13 The Threat to China’s Future
- 5/23/13 Social Media Club of Dallas
- 5/26/13 Perspectives Pulse
- 5/28/13 Last Tues Happy Hour at the Ritz
- 6/01/13 Mexico Journalist Alfredo Corchado
- 6/02/13 Perspectives Pulse