As someone delivering Social Media, Websites and Online Marketing, I find myself in need of creative graphics on a regular basis and I have found some resources you might what to check out.
1. Visme: Think of Visme as a perfect marriage between Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign; ease of use meets professional design. Their clean graphic website will walk you through the three easy steps to create your first graphic image and includes a nice short video to help you get started. Use the Visme tool set to create:
- Charts & Graphs
- Web Banners
- And more
The free version allows you to create 3 projects and is a great way to check it out. If you like it and want to upgrade, the Standard Plan is $4.50 per month and the Complete Plan is $14.25 per month, no too much when you consider the competition. I’m hoping they will preformatted projects for cover images for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+ as I am tasked to create these often. Below is a sample project I created in less than five minutes. Let me know how Visme works for you.
2. Fivver: If you are more into outsources than “DYI” then check out Fivver. You hire someone to do you graphic for you at very low prices, like $5.00. The prices goes up as you add requirements but you still can get graphics delivered in a few days for less than $50.00. Again, not to bad when you consider other alternatives. Here is a recent example from Fivver that ran me $5.00 and took 4 days to complete.
3. Design Class: Most class work in design requires the student to create projects for real companies. Most will have a digital portfolio to show you how their skills and talents are developing. Why not let your brand benefit from the bright minds of tomorrow’s professional designers. Just Google “InDesign Classes” in your area then contact the instructor about student projects with your organization.
This example Portfolio is from Ashley Denton at Texas State, San Marcos, TX
Events Worth Considering
- 11/20/14 – Google Plus Your Business – Farmers Branch Chamber
- 11/25/14 – Social Media for Business – Copperas Cove Entrepreneur Center
- 12/05/14 – Social Media for Business Growth – Temple College
- 12/09/14 – Social Media & Your Career – FUMC Richardson
- 12/13/14 – LinkedIn for Success – Central Texas College
- June 20-27, 2015 – Join me for Sailing in the Caribbean, 2 rooms left
- October 10-22, 2015 – Join me for The Highlights Paul’s Journey Cruse