Do You Have Digital Meetings?
What I mean is, when you meet with others, are there digital devices involved? Are there laptops, phones and tablets on the table with people “typing” away on their phones and keyboards? As I visit organizations, I see that the use of digital devices in meetings really depends on the organization culture. Some organizations are digital oriented, others focus on short meetings with updates and actionable items while other have meeting that are so slow and boring that if people could not use their device, they’d fall asleep.
I also see this as the clashing of two cultures, a digital oriented culture and a non-digitally oriented culture. Have you heard about the lady that thought the associate pastor was surfing the web during church when he was actually reading the Bible online? There all kinds of issues that arise. We ask ourselves “are they paying attention to me?” Yet others are less sensitive, and they think “sure, go ahead and tweet while we are talking.”
My associate who specializes in Culture Building says we, as a group or a company, get to choose and build the digital culture of our organizations. We should reach an agreement as to the level of digital device use during our meetings. talking. I’m ok with that.”
Events Worth Considering
- 8/1 Governor’s Small Business Forum for North TX
- 8/4 Perspectives Pulse on KLIF AM 570
- 8/8 Dallas Business Club Happy Hour
- 8/9 Small Biz Start Up Workshop
- 8/11 Perspectives Pulse on KLIF AM 570
- 8/12 Building LinkedIn for Business
- 8/14 Entrepreneur Series at The Tower Club
- 8/17 The White Party
- 8/18 Perspectives Pulse on KLIF AM 570
- 8/19 The Field Guide To Sales with Debbie Mrazek
- 8/20 HootUp Dallas Meetup Group
- 8/21 Motel 6 – Evolution of an Iconic Brand
- 8/22 After Hours at the Perot Museum
- 8/25 Perspectives Pulse on KLIF AM 570
- 8/26 What’s Your Organization’s Mobile Strategy?
- 8/27 Pizza Hut CMO Presents Innovation in Ads
- 8/27 Last Tuesday Happy Hour at The Ritz
- 8/29 Effective Facebook Content Marketing
- 9/19 ArtOfficial * Save the Date *