Do you archive your Facebook data?
As I was updating some Facebook information it occurred to me to save a copy of my data. Yea I know, once I put it on Facebook they probably have some ownership stake too, but aside from that, I think it is a good idea to have a current back up copy of my data “just in case.” So here is the process:
- Log into Facebook
- Click on “Account” in the upper right hand corner of the screen
- Click on “Account Settings” from the drop down menu
- Click on “Download a copy of your Facebook Data”
- Re-Enter your Facebook Password
- Click on “Download Archive” and follow the remaining instructions
It will take a while for Facebook to create the Archive. They will send you an email to your primary email address on file with Facebook. When you receive that email, it will contain a link. Click on the link and save your Facebook data to your computer.
You will probably want to do this on a regular basis depending on the amount and importance of your data. Good luck and let me know how it goes.